Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Acts of Dreams: Part 3 of The Inquisition TrilogyActs of Dreams: Part 3 of The Inquisition Trilogy by Martin Elsant
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Book three in the series, Acts of Dreams is about a group of Jews who attempt to settle in England around the early 1600’s. By Church decree, Jews were not allowed to live there, although many did so quietly and discreetly. Blinded by their positions of power in the society, William and Maria Ames never thought to conceal their religious background and when they dismissed their lawyer Mr. Barham, they are suddenly thrust into the forefront of a court case followed by all of England.
A well written follow up to the last book, I again enjoyed the storytelling from this author. The history is well-researched and written so that it is a smooth and entertaining read that does not deviate from historical accuracy too much. I found it was also interesting to read, as I had no idea of the ban on Jews living in the UK until I read this book. The villains are properly villainous and although the protagonists make stupid decisions, they are redeemed in the end.


View all my reviews

No comments: