Saturday, March 6, 2021

Children of Pleiades, Rise of the HengeChildren of Pleiades, Rise of the Henge by Lloyd Pilling Tosoff
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

A human drama story that explores the supernatural themes of our folklore such as pixies, fairies, angels, and other creatures. Rise of the Henge is the first in a series in which a man committed a heinous murder and flees with his only son to a faraway land. This land will later be known as Salisbury, southern England and 4 generations later, his offspring is still haunted by his crimes. A struggle between good and evil, the story unfolds between the ages and the meeting of two lineages, one human and one celestial will become ever so fateful.
I really wanted to like the story, although it seemed a little rambling to me. The worldbuilding was well done and the characters were ok. I think that maybe with some more focus the story could have been better? It simply did not resonate with me and I found myself longing to read other books even though I love to read books about ancient England and the mythologies there.


View all my reviews

No comments: