Sunday, March 14, 2021

The Old House By The WoodsThe Old House By The Woods by Soma Kar
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

In the vein of the Nancy Drew or Hardy Boys mystery series, this book is a mystery story geared for younger teens and even middle-schoolers. Ria Robertson is a retired officer turned private detective. She loves the challenge of solving puzzles and following the clues that will lead her to the solutions of a crime. As she is investigating the haunted house in Mistgrove, she unexpectedly comes face to face with a killer who is determined to continue his crimes.
This might not sound like a story for younger kids, but I read this book with my daughter and it wasn’t grisly or scary. I know my 8-year-old certainly enjoyed reading this book. She really liked the addition of the colored illustrations, and I think those esp. helped keep her attentions throughout the story. There were a few spooky moments, (haunted house), and yes some tension that is present in most mysteries, but this is certainly a book that younger readers can enjoy.


View all my reviews

No comments: