Monday, September 21, 2015

Book Review: the Heartbeat Thief

Get it here: Heartbeat

I'm Back from vacation and here is the first review and personally: What A Book!

I positively devoured this book. A weekend and it was over and I was left with a satisfying afterglow from the story. Even though the reading of this story was pleasant and entertaining, the premise of the story, the pondering upon the meaning of death, leaves you with a sense of reflection and makes you wonder how exactly you are living your life and how Death ultimately fits into your plans. Are you afraid of Death?
Young Senza, at the tender age of 18 makes a deal with the mysterious Mr. Knell and her life is never the same. Will she find love or ruin? Has she truly cheated Death?

Using Death as an old friend, an old lover, this topic has been done and written about before, true, but never in such a manner. This book was refreshing and at first I picked it up thinking maybe it might be a novel akin to a vampiristic theme, but it never went towards the macabre other when our main character met and dealt with a certain mass murdered in London. Even though it wasn’t what I was expecting, I still enjoyed it and would recommend it to any of my friends. 

No comments: