Monday, August 17, 2015

Book Review: The Strange Attractor

Get it here: Strange Attractor

What a Plot! This one took me awhile to get into, to understand the characters and their relationships. Mr. Dobie is a strange fellow in my eyes, but that gives him a certain charm. There are some funny moments, such as when he is arguing with the detectives about the “other woman”.  It wasn’t until then in the story that I truly got into it and the book took off for me. Everything else beforehand seemed to drag on a bit. Maybe because Mr. Dobie, a Mathematics professor, was out of step with the rest of the world, he was perpetually looking at the rest of us through his mathematical viewpoint.

Once pulled in however, the mystery of the “who dun it”, why did his former student kill him self, how did the “other woman’s” body end up in his bedroom will keep you glued to the pages in an effort to figure out each minute detail for yourself. By the protagonist being a math’s professor, there is much mathematical language in here that might put some people off, but it is well worth it sticking it out until the end. I’m glad I did!

No comments: