Sunday, August 2, 2015

Book Review: A Simple Soul

Get it here: Simple Soul

The story is grand, the characters detailed, the plot seamless. This book has the writing style that transports you to Russia, lets you follow the characters and does not distract with poor spelling or errors. I did like this story and found the plot, characters and setting to be both interesting and detailed. The love story between Elizaveta and Timofey was full of passion, disappointment, strategy and turmoil. The ending is satisfying and ties up all the plentiful plot twists.

I loved reading Anna Karenina as a young adult and I really like the grand sweeping majesty of other Russian Novels. This one, however, came up short in my book. Mainly because it was so long with so much detail that I felt like I was being given 5-6 pages in background and history for each character that easily could have been summarized in one or most 2 pages. I understand that the way this book was written that it flows better that way, but I do believe it could’ve been abbreviated in a few spots. 

No comments: