Friday, December 27, 2019

The French Orphan (The French Orphan, #1)The French Orphan by Michael Stolle
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The decadence of France in the 1600’s has been detailed before, but in this book our main character is the orphan Pierre who is enrolled in a theological school along with other orphans and wealthy boys of the nobility. He becomes friends with a wealthy and popular boy Armand and the two of them steal away from the school to find their own adventure and truths. The parentage of Orphan Pierre is called into question at one point and it seems as if not everyone is as they appear.
There is a lot of plots and twisted intrigue in this book that took a little while to unravel. At the end of the book, there were still some points not answered, but I presume the next book will address them. I found the dialogue to be awkward and the character development wasn’t as well done as the world and timeline that the characters existed in. I ultimately wanted to love it more than I did.


View all my reviews

No comments: