Friday, May 15, 2020

Hedge Witch (The Cloven Land Trilogy #1)Hedge Witch by Simon Kewin
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Cait Weerd is a teenager with the typical teenager problems. But when she visits her grandmother at the public library one day, she is accidentally thrust into a world that she never knew existed. Witches (along with a whole set of paranormal creatures), are real and she is from a long line of powerful witches. Cait will have to figure out who her allies are and who she can trust if she wants to stay alive.
It took me a little bit to get into the story, and once I was comfortable, the author switched us to a different world with different characters whose fight was interconnected with the one Cait was undergoing in our world. However, I didn't connect to Hellen as I did to Cait, and I forced myself to read the portions of her story so I wouldn't lose anything of the overall plot. If there were maybe more alternating POV throughout the book it might have read better? Other than that, it was still a good book, and the series does seem to be promising. I will certainly read the next book and hope I will connect with it more.

I received an advance review copy from BookSirens for free, and voluntarily decided to leave a review.

View all my reviews

No comments: