Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Kissing My Husband: An Instalove Possessive Age Gap Romance Novel (Kissing My Husband, #1)Kissing My Husband: An Instalove Possessive Age Gap Romance Novel by Novel Cat
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Set in Nanzhao City, this story starts off with the wedding day of Ms. Gu to Mr. Lu. One little problem arises, Ms. Gu has run away, and her mother is left to figure out how to salvage face. See spies her younger daughter, Valen and immediately orders the wedding dress to be altered and for Valen to take her sisters place. Scales Lu, the Husband-to-be, is annoyed at the younger girl, but sees no issue with it, as he still gets the Gu wife he wanted. Scales is cold and indifferent towards Valen who acts like a little naïve girl of 12 or 13 instead of the 18 she proclaims to be. Many scenes were cringeworthy.
Billed as an insta-love romance, instead I found it to be cringeworthy on account of maybe the translation? It seems to me that this book was translated poorly, as many of the sentences make no sense and there is poor continuity in the tenses. It was very hard to get into the story as a result and I did not enjoy it.


View all my reviews

No comments: