Friday, December 18, 2020

Perilous Last-Minute Christmas ShoppingPerilous Last-Minute Christmas Shopping by Annie De Muynck
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

On Christmas Eve in London, a young lady by the name of Chrissie is headed out to get some last-minute gifts she has forgotten. She is assaulted and abducted by a Santa and then subsequently held prisoner by a man calling himself Joe. Joe is a sick man; he keeps his family hostage as well and Chrissie must use all of her wits to escape Joe. After her escape she gives birth to a girl (Daughter to Joes son) and she strives to live her life in peace away from the horrors she witnessed before she could escape. Joe and his family never truly leave her, and the book takes us on a few leaps through the years.
What could have been a great thrilling book, was spoiled by poor editing and formatting. The writing was also a tad awkward and very stilted and formal. I found the book hard to get into which I thought was sad. I quite like thrillers and I was interested in this one. Hopefully the author can get a good editor take a look. It would be better after a revision.


View all my reviews

No comments: