Monday, January 20, 2020

Avenging AngelAvenging Angel by Izzy Sweet
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book is set in the Pounding Hearts universe where the men are typically involved in the MMA scene. The main characters, Emmet, Casey and Bree are all going through some rough times. Emmet is dealing with a major loss in his career and also the loss of his best friend, Tommy who happens to be Casey’s only surviving parent. Bree is stuck in a situation where she is beholden to her powerful father for everything and he controls her life, right down to who she dates. When she catches her boyfriend cheating with her best friend, she hightails it to her mother’s house which happens to be in the same town that Emmet’s gym is. They meet and things start rolling. I won’t put any more spoilers out there, other than this book tears at the heart strings, especially in the beginning.
I really enjoyed reading this one, I haven’t read the series in a while, so I was remembering characters as they were introduced. You do not need to read the series in order, or any of the other books at all to make sense of this one. It was written very well (as always by this author team) and I devoured it within a day.
I received an ARC in exchange for my unbiased and honest opinion.


View all my reviews

No comments: