Tuesday, January 14, 2020

The Un-Natural Case of the Leadenhall Interlocution LeagueThe Un-Natural Case of the Leadenhall Interlocution League by Michael Dennis Montandon
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The cusp of the Victorian Era is an exciting time as it is so colorful, vivid and full of unique characters. This is the backdrop for this story of mystery, of quirky gentlemen and, a little bit of dark horror. Four men make up the Leadenhall Interlocuction League, a Gentlemen’s club that meets fairly regularly and discusses the mysteries of life, the merit of morals and more, but as recent events near the Thames throw their world into chaos, the men will set out to solve the mystery and strive to prove their own beliefs triumphant.
The book show that a well-versed Historian wrote it, it is well researched, has vivid details and descriptions, and the relationships and dialogues of the characters reflect the time period accurately. I had one issue, that the pacing was a bit slow for me, I was truly never able to get into the swing with this book, no matter how much I tried. It is still a good book, very well plotted mystery with plenty of turns.


View all my reviews

No comments: