Sunday, April 19, 2020

What I Tell Myself FIRST: Children's Real-World Affirmations of Self EsteemWhat I Tell Myself FIRST: Children's Real-World Affirmations of Self Esteem by Michael Brown
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

A children’s book based on Maslow’s hierarchy of needs might not sound like a good children’s book. But if you take a deeper look inside, you will find that the author took a lot of time detailing the story and outlining a consistent message of hope, self-love and self-worth as well as a great message against bullying. I really loved the page on self-love. Without being able to love yourself, you will not be able to love others truly, nor will they be able to love you, that is such an important message that we need to be teaching our children.
I am reading this often with my 7-year-old as well as my 5-year-old. They are both at an age where they often feel unsecure with themselves, and this book is a good reminder for them in so many ways. The graphics are really nicely done and the writing is easy for young kids to understand.


View all my reviews

No comments: