Monday, April 13, 2020

Whispered WishesWhispered Wishes by Sue Lilley
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Olivia is not the brightest bulb in the bunch. She might mean well, but her disastrous decisions have led her to make some hasty revisions in her life, including a rushed moved to a little cottage in a small town. Her neighbor tends to be as brash and abrupt as he is handsome and mysterious. Olivia can’t help but be drawn to him. When her past comes back to haunt her in the form of Lucas, a photographer who happens to also have a sordid past with Nathan, her neighbor, things start to get heated and not in the good way.
While the main plot seemed interesting, Olivia was too much of a dislikeable character or me to find much sympathy with her. I understand the point of a bad guy, but most of her woes were from her own bad decisions and judgements. I felt bad for Nathan that he had to deal with her. The writing was decent but not great and I think that the book could have been more coherent.


View all my reviews

No comments: