Sunday, November 15, 2020

Children of the MiracleChildren of the Miracle by Daniel Weisbeck
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

After a global Pandemic wiped out much of the human population, the remaining world divided itself into 3 sanctuaries where humanity lived, and the scientists raced to fund a cure. If this seems similar to what we are currently undergoing, welcome to my first thoughts. Our main lead, Dr. Mercy Perching asks for more information on a certain genetic crossing research and is authorized to go to a different sanctuary. In this new sanctuary, Dr. Mercy finds a terrifying new strand of the virus that is resistant so far to their vaccines and attacks both human and animal sides of the hybrid’s DNA. Will Dr. Mercy’s brilliance be able to save humanity?
Very on the nose and poignant to what is happening nowadays, the book was easy to read and generally easy to follow along. The scientific elements of the story were well done, and I liked that the author really played with ethics and morals in the story. I was not fond of the ending, but as it’s the 1st in a series, I can overlook it.


View all my reviews

No comments: