Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Soft Skills for Hard People: A Practical Guide to Emotional Intelligence for Rational LeadersSoft Skills for Hard People: A Practical Guide to Emotional Intelligence for Rational Leaders by Helena Kim
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The importance of this book by Author Helena Kim, cannot be overstated. We NEED more people in the workforce who understand how to manage their own emotions in order to work effectively and competently with others. If I am constantly irate at my co-workers, or my subordinates because I do not understand why they do things in a certain way, then I will never be happy in my job and as such not only my job performance will suffer, but those around me will suffer as well. The skills taught in this book are really common sense, but since they are never truly taught in high school or in college (unless you take electives), than this book will help you develop the skills you need such as self-awareness, empathy, conflict de-escalation and even active listening. Very well written and I highly recommend this book to anyone that wants to take a more active role in improving their own as well as others work.

View all my reviews

No comments: