Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Holloway WitchesHolloway Witches by Isa Pearl Ritchie
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Ursula returns to Aro Valley after many years away. Returning to Holloway Road is bittersweet for her, on one hand she is eager to see her beloved Grandma Esme and Aunt Sorrel, on the other, her return comes after a horrible crash and burn of her life. Once she is back, she has strange visions and the eerie sense she is being followed. Finally, she is confronted with the reality that magic is real and her family has a long line of witches, of which she is one as well. Rebuilding her life anew, is hard, but trying to rebuild it while dodging dangers and stranger’s intent on harming not just her but her beloved family? Doubly hard!
As much as I wanted to love this story, I only feel lukewarm about it. I took too long to get into anything interesting, we had chapter after chapter of Ursula reminiscing about her failed relationship, what she would do now in life, remembering things about her past and the strange lapses in time she is having. But none of that Gripped my interest. It was hard finishing the book, it got a little better, but I am not sure if I would read it again.


View all my reviews

No comments: