Saturday, April 3, 2021

Sedition (Road to the Breaking Book 3)Sedition by Chris Bennett
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

In 1861 Nathan Chambers, former army captain, is embroiled in a whirl of politics regarding the secession. Abraham Lincoln has just won the election and Virginia is poised to abandon the Union in revolt. Nathan fights against this while his Evelyn is recruited into the Underground Railroad and coerced to work as a spy. This book is the third in the series, continuing where the previous one left off and our characters continue to find their place in the tumultuous new world, that they live in.
Set during the Civil War era, I found this book to be very well written and the characters well drawn out. Even jumping into the middle of the series as I did, I was able to follow the plot with little difficulty and I found that Evelyn’s courage and even her conflicts resonated deeply with me. I am looking forward to picking up the next book in the series. Well Done!


View all my reviews

No comments: