Saturday, April 17, 2021

What Lies Beneath: A Florida Action Adventure Novel (Scott Jarvis Private Investigator Book 10)What Lies Beneath: A Florida Action Adventure Novel by Scott Cook
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Another book in the adventures of Orlando Private Investigator Scott Jarvis, now accompanied by Lisa Gonzalez. Together, the two PI’s take on a few small cases that quickly evolve to be much bigger and more connected than they originally thought. One case unearths a connection to Lieutenant Sharon Nolan, a close friend to the two PI’s. Nolan’s father is kidnapped, a battle over claimed land with drug runners and added to the mix are the private interests of two politicians that involve themselves in the case.
If the synopsis seems a bit convoluted to you, that would be because it is. There is a lot packed into this book and I must say I didn’t enjoy it quite as much as I did the others I’ve read. The book moves fast and if you don’t pick up all the details, it is easy to get lost in the overarching plot. I know I had to go back and search for some clues that were previously revealed. If you like complex stories full of tidbits and misleading information that is not unveiled until the end, then this book is certainly for you.


View all my reviews

No comments: