Saturday, April 17, 2021

Smart PillsSmart Pills by Tony Teora
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Captain Markus of the Spaceship Aerostella and his motley crew have just landed at the planet earth. Here, Captain Markus encounters some of Earth’s more bizarre inhabitants. From two bumbling mobsters trying to catch a quick payout, to the unstable president of the united states, Captain Markus and his crew will have their work cut out for them if they want to prevent the destruction of an ancient alien beacon, while leaving with their hides intact. Humor, sci fi and some catchy phrases all tie this entertaining tale together.
A lighthearted story, enhanced by a few illustrations scattered throughout the book, this was certainly entertaining. I liked the character of the two mobsters the best. Their antics were the funniest for me, I could see them having their own novella, a la three stooges’ style. The writing is well done and while I didn’t quite like Captain Markus, his character was tolerable throughout the story.


View all my reviews

No comments: