Friday, July 16, 2021

Peripatetic Alterity: A Philosophical Treatise on the Spectrum of Being - Romantics and PragmatistsPeripatetic Alterity: A Philosophical Treatise on the Spectrum of Being - Romantics and Pragmatists by Henry Whittlesey
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This book looks at experiences in life within Germany, America and Russia from medieval times until now, including the life under recent Presidents. Religion, society, political, and ethnicity differences (among others) are explored and viewed through both a pragmatic and romantic lens.
This book reads more like a graduate thesis than a book of knowledge. I am from Germany, so I am familiar with many of the concepts explored by the author in both Germany and America, the Russian views were new and interesting. It is very dry reading and not something lighthearted, as such, I do not think this will appeal to the masses.


View all my reviews

No comments: