Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Book Review: Coercion

Get it here: Coercion

What if, the Espionage, machinations and plotting had continued after the fall of the USSR? As a child of the ‘90’s I pretty much grew up not aware of the cold war around me, but this story still manages to get you to care about the characters, even sympathize with the “bad guys”. You can truly understand why they think going about their plots in this particular should be the right way. But ultimately you are rooting for the Lonesome Private Detective to figure out the intrigue and all the players before he himself gets “taken out” by a devious little device. I am sure you won’t look at routine doctor visits the same.
I couldn’t lose myself within this story. Not like the other books form Mr. Tigner. I can’t even really put my finger on what specifically, maybe because there were so many important players? Regardless, the plot was well thought out, the characters were fleshed out and each had their own distinct personalities. Finally, you have an exhilarating chase around the world with a climax in Siberia. If espionage, Russian Courtships and an unrelenting, SERE trained American hero is your thing, then this is the book for you

No comments: