Saturday, February 13, 2021

Hampshire Stories: A Collection of Tales Set in 19th-Century EnglandHampshire Stories: A Collection of Tales Set in 19th-Century England by Joe Giampaolo
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

In 19th century England, the lives of many were not normal or boring. The author has compiled a collection of short stories that showcase well known tropes of that era as well as some new stories and situations that have not widely been explored yet. Well written and thought out, there will surely be something in here for everyone. Especially with the “Bridgerton” craze and renewed interest in the genre, this book is certainly one you will be glad you read.
I found the book and the stories to be refreshing and well written in such a way that they easily transported me to England and had me speaking with a posh English accent! One of my personal favorites of the stories was “My letters from Hubert”. Where we are given a glimpse in the relationship between fanny and Hubert, even as we only ever see his side of things. It was very creative!


View all my reviews

No comments: