Saturday, February 27, 2021

Like No Other BoyLike No Other Boy by Larry Center
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

In San Diego, Chris Crutcher is in the battle of his life. He is fighting a fierce custody battle with his now ex wife over his 8-year-old autistic son Tommy. Tommy is happy in his life that is spent around the chimpanzees in the local primatology research center near him. Tommy finds a joy there that he can’t find with others. Chris does not want Tommy to lose this and therefore he fights his wife who wants to relocate herself and her son to Houston.
I found this story to be heartwarming, even through the tearful moments it inspired. Not many authors tell the story of divorce form the man’s perspective, so this is a much-needed point of view. Even better is the inclusion of a child that is on the autism spectrum and so broadens our horizons even more. I cannot say if the information about the autism is correct as I have no exposure to it myself, however, this is certainly a story to read if you are looking for tender and loving.


View all my reviews

No comments: