Friday, February 19, 2021

Sound Mind: A Collection of PoetrySound Mind: A Collection of Poetry by T.J. Singh
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Sound Mind is a collection of poems that are inspired by our true colors, our struggles in life, and our journeys. The book is divided in half, where the first is a poetic story about a wolf named Aura who maintains the traditions of hi pack. At the same time, he wants to live his dreams as a singer and the story shows how he learns to live with both roles in his life. Beautiful artwork by the author accompany the story. The later half of the book is the poetry that helped inspire Aura’s story and helped the author put thoughts and feeling into words.
A very interesting piece of work. I enjoyed the artwork and while I liked the story a bit more than the poetry in the end, I still feel it was good the author included them into the book. They do round the book out and give a little more introspection to the whole work.


View all my reviews

No comments: