Saturday, November 21, 2015

Book Review: The High Price I had to pay

Get it here: High Price I had to pay

I picked this book up because I liked the Ms. Davis’s first book “She’s all caught up” so much. That story, her memoir, was very interesting. This story, is more about later in life, how she fought her legal battles, and wrongful trial, effectively being punished because she didn’t have the far-reaching and high up connections of the others that were involved with the Lehman fraud deals. What I found interesting was who had their fingers in whose pockets and how they all seemed to have each others backs over the years. I found it sad that Ms. Davis’s extremely harsh sentence was upheld time and again.

I did find some parts of the book to drag on because of all the legal terms, I had to look them up, or re-read some parts a few times to ensure I grasped what was being said, but as the book went on, I was able to keep up. At the end Ms. Davis closes with several of her own Poems, inspired by her time in prison and her experiences. Overall, I found this book interesting, if a bit hard to follow at times.

No comments: