Saturday, November 21, 2015

Book Review: Romance with a touch of Love

Get it here: Romance

This book is a collection of poems and short (really short) stories that are all centered on Love. This might be a seemingly simple enough concept but the author is very good at what he does and there were a few I had to re-read to really get what he was saying, not just the overt, but the subtle meanings as well. He is able to really make you think about love, just as the description says. There are twelve poems altogether in this book that spans 16 pages.

The only thing I have to say that spoiled this book for me is how it was so short. I would’ve loved to have more poems, or short stories to immerse myself in, since this is a talented writer. This is the only reason this is getting only 3 stars. For, diction, tempo, grammar, structure and the heart of the poetry itself, this book deserves at least 4 stars.

No comments: