Monday, June 8, 2020

Me, Myself, and MenMe, Myself, and Men by Sharon St. John
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

“Some Men are full of shit and sadly there is always a woman out there that will take their shit.” This opening statement by the author is very thought provoking if you sit, and let it simmer a bit. It is also a good way to open a book. This is essentially a biography in which the author details memories she has about events in her life that have shaped her in monumental ways, even if they appeared small and miniscule at the time. Low self-esteem and self-worth are all symptoms of a bigger problem: Women who simply want to be loved are taken advantage of repeatedly by men who truly don’t care about them other than what they (the men) can get out of the relationship.
I always like to read biographies or memoirs as they give me an insight into how someone else lives and thinks about the world. I can see how they react to situations I have been in and learn from their mistakes. One thing I think the author has right in this book: Self-love is one of the most important things a woman can learn in her lifetime. It is not easy in our society that places such high value on perfection, but it can be done. This is well worth a read for anyone who has even the slightest doubt about themselves.


View all my reviews

No comments: