Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Raised Bed Gardening: A Beginner’s Guide to Building and Sustaining Your Own Raised Bed Garden in Less SpaceRaised Bed Gardening: A Beginner’s Guide to Building and Sustaining Your Own Raised Bed Garden in Less Space by Luke Smith
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This is a book about raised bed gardening, what they are and why you would choose one, what soil mix and plants are best and the best watering times (believe me its important to the health of your plants). I really liked the last chapter on common mistakes to avoid.
I have a long and narrow backyard so raised bed gardens are perfect for my small space. I did try and go it alone for a few years but after some hits and some misses, I started looking for some pointers. What I found in this book was some commonsense things and some other information that I never even thought of like proper seeding, and what kind of plants do extremely well in a raised bed versus in the ground. This book was very well written in that I was easily able to understand the ideas behind it and was able to help me plan out the best raised bed for my needs.


View all my reviews

No comments: