Saturday, June 20, 2020

The School Bully Is My BrotherThe School Bully Is My Brother by Mike Bloemer
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Harold O’Connell is a middle school boy with an enemy. His enemy is Shawn farmer, son of the Football coach and revealer that Harold peed his pants back in kindergarten, setting up a rivalry to last a lifetime. Shawn is also a mean kid who loves to pick on Harold. When Harold and Shawn find out their parents have been dating and Shawn’s father proposes to Harold’s mother, their world comes crashing down. The boys hatch a dastardly plan to stop the upcoming nuptials and to break up the lovebirds for good. But throughout all the planning, the boys start to notice that they like to spend time together and that the other is not so bad after all.
I really loved this book. I liked the characters and their development throughout the book. They were all unique, no cookie cutter stereotypes here. There was humor, embarrassment, tears, and joy. There was much drama as well which can be expected with the plot. Still a great book with a deeper message.


View all my reviews

No comments: