Wednesday, June 24, 2020

The Struggles and Growth of a ManThe Struggles and Growth of a Man by Jamell Crouthers
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The Struggles and growth of a man is an apt title for this book. Our society does not place much value on men who are open with what they feel, so this book is a welcome insight into the daily life of a man. Robert is a young man in his 20s who chronicles his daily life in the form of poetry. Everything from his family’s struggles with drugs to the lack of male role models and the perils of his neighborhood where he grew up. In all the darkness and hardships of Roberts life, he has one bright spot: the high school guidance counselor.
I found this to be a very enlightening book about a mans struggles and his feelings on certain situations. Episodes of guilt over things I would never feel guilty over or even feelings of inadequacies where I would have thought the man would be fine. I think that we need more of these kinds of books that allow us to see into others lives so we can understand their points of view.


View all my reviews

No comments: