Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Paradise Rising: A Teen Superhero FantasyParadise Rising: A Teen Superhero Fantasy by P.G. Shriver
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

In San Antonio Texas, 13-year-old Cheater is perplexed when she finds out she is wanted for murder. She is an orphan and her only friend, if you can call it that is a little dog that follows her around. She is plagued by weird dreams and a uncontrollable power that seems to do what it wants, whether it is to help or hurt people. One day, she crosses paths with 15-year-old Jaz who himself is usually on the wrong side of the law. Cheater ends up saving a life and Jaz feels compelled to join her in her search for the answers behind her power.
This is the first in a trilogy about these two teenagers and their unusual powers that threaten to overwhelm them if they cannot get them under control. I found the story to be entertaining and even though the main protagonists were both teenagers, they were handling “real world” problems and such it made it more interesting for me to read. I think the story is well worth the read, and I certainly am open to reading the next book in the series.


View all my reviews

No comments: