Monday, September 21, 2020

Without: Body, Name, CountryWithout: Body, Name, Country by Meg Johnson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Author Meg Johnson takes deep and meaningful prose to a new level in Without: Body, name, Country. Full of poems and starkly honest short essays, this book will certainly make you reflect upon your own childhood, and your own preconceived notions about life. Broken down into two main areas, the poems range form short to longer pieces and range in topics from “This New Normal”, to” growing up too fast”. She even touches upon her life with Guillain-Barre syndrome and how it affects so much of what she does in the most unexpected ways.
While not normally one for poetry, the short stories the author included in this book expand upon it all and make me feel connected to the authors story in that I can see so much of my younger self in her words. I think the thoughtfulness this book will provoke within a reader will make it a favorite book as a go-to to reflect upon life.


View all my reviews

No comments: