Monday, August 30, 2021

WARATAH: Abridged VersionWARATAH: Abridged Version by Ha-Le Thai
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Fleeing from war-torn Vietnam, the author, Ha-Le-Thai gives us her harrowing account of what uncertainties she faced starting over anew in the country of Australia where she found refuge. When she becomes a mother, she has to suddenly reconcile old-world cultural norms with the new ones that her daughter grows up with. How can you reconcile two very different cultures into one person and keep the family happy?
As someone who has immigrated myself, I was able to truly insert myself into Mrs. Thais plight both as a mother and as a newcomer to a different land. This book is enlightening to those who might never experience these plights and heart-warming to those who have.


View all my reviews

No comments: