Saturday, March 18, 2017

Book Review: In Black & White

In Black & WhiteIn Black & White by Catherine  Lavender
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This story is engaging, gripping and gut wrenching at the same time. I am married to an African American man and we have three beautiful children together. I tore through this book and the history it represents gripping each page in the hope of finding a better past than the one provided. The past is the past you might say, but read this book again, and then tell me you do not see the echoes of our past going on right now. Interracial marriage is still taboo for many white folk in 2017 as it was not too many years ago.
Micah is a beautiful young girl who knows next to nothing about her father until after his death. Her mother finally opens up about him and Micah struggles to piece together a picture of a man she glimpses through her mothers Alzheimer’s. A romantic and emotional tale, I think was well written but could use some more editing for grammar and minor errors in the sentence structure.


View all my reviews

No comments: