Sunday, March 26, 2017

Book Review: Molding my Destiny

Molding My Destiny: A story of Hope that takes one child from surviving to thrivingMolding My Destiny: A story of Hope that takes one child from surviving to thriving by Patrice M. Foster
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

If you know someone who is suffering from depression, or if you suffer from depression, then I think this book is a good read for you. This isn’t a self-help book, touted to make all your problems go away with easy step by step instructions. This is a memoir, a story of life, and how we can all learn valuable lessons in overcoming our hardships. This book takes the dream of America, and pits it against the sometimes-harsh realities of life in America and how the author and her siblings fought to overcome them. The abuse, and suffering that the author suffers was especially hard to read, but I think we all need to face the realities that many people face on a daily basis. An Eye-opening memoir full of hurt, but also and more importantly, a success story of how the author was able to fight and turn her life around to live a happier life.


View all my reviews

No comments: