Saturday, March 18, 2017

Book Review: Rick's Place

Rick's PlaceRick's Place by Jason Akley
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This books synopsis was intriguing and confusing at the same time for me if that makes sense. I didn’t have anything better to do so I figured I’d give the book a shot. The writing style is a little wandering, the author tends to go off on tangents that may have nothing to do with what is going on in the story, but he does bring it back eventually. The book was well edited; I did not see any grammar or sentence structure error that would detract from the story. The author, Mr. Akley does not hand you a plot, but rather he favors a writing style that makes you think for yourself and you should think for yourself to allow you to see what the book is about. This book is as much about Rick’s Place as it is about its patrons, as regulars and visitors alike, get their due and a chance to tell their tales. You as the reader are as much part of the story as the characters and the author does a good job in trying to get you immersed in their stories. However, I personally didn’t like the long-winded writing style and it seems as this author is either someone you love or don’t.


View all my reviews

No comments: