Friday, October 11, 2019

Simon's MansionSimon's Mansion by William Poe
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

When you think of coming of age stories, typically a young teenager is what you see. But sometimes, us adults come of age as well. Events in our lives can shatter our self-image, or they can build us up into strong people. Simon, a man who is trying to overcome his troubled past of addiction and figure out who he truly is and what he believes in. third in a series, I do wish I had read that other two prior. I may go back and read them now.
This book spoke to me on a personal level, I may not have had an addiction to drugs, but I went through the upheaval of religions as he did. My journey, that took me from protestant to jehovahs witnesses, catholic, born again, wiccan and so on was tumultuous at best. This book will speak to some people more than others and that is okay.


View all my reviews

No comments: