Friday, October 4, 2019

The Changemaker: The Art Of Building Better LeadersThe Changemaker: The Art Of Building Better Leaders by Deke Copenhaver
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

You cannot just attend a leadership conference and then think you are done with learning how to be a leader. I think one of the most important notes in this book is that being a true leader is a journey and will take a dedication to continuation of your learning and an application of all you learn. Being a leader can be daunting as it often takes you on the road less traveled, against the pack so to speak. As such, we learn in this book how to be better leaders, how to take that difficult first step on that road and how to stay the course. Your personal morals do not have to be given up in order to have a successful career and the author shows us just how through his real-world examples and personal experiences.
I found this book to be easy to read and very common sense, although in todays age, what we take for common sense might not be what others see as well. I was encouraged by this book as I am continuing my education and my dedication to be a leader and there are plenty of areas I can use help in. The author gives good advice I am looking forward to implementing.


View all my reviews

No comments: