Monday, October 28, 2019

The Gifts I'm Given: And Those I GiveThe Gifts I'm Given: And Those I Give by Guy Wheatley
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Book 5 in a sci fi series that was very interesting and carried a deeper meaning than we at first thought. In this book, Emily has now recovered from her mortal wounds. Her husbands sacrifice weighs heavily on her and it causes her to spiral into a depression. Her young daughter is dependent on her and Emily has to again make a hard choice when she realizes she would be able to give her daughter immortality as she herself once had. Should Emily go through with the procedure and let herself as well as dear friends fall into the hands of an evil corporation? Or should she instead teach her daughter how to live life to its fullest and treat each day as their last?
This book again forces the reader to contemplate mortality and the sacrifices we are all willing to give for our loved ones and even ourselves. Written in an easy and accessible manner, even though this is a Sci Fi novel, you do not feel as if you are lost in technical jargon. A worthy addition to the series.


View all my reviews

No comments: