Saturday, November 2, 2019

Coin for a Dream: Stories from My Early YearsCoin for a Dream: Stories from My Early Years by Mae Adams
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

If you’ve ever been curious to hear about life in North Korea from someone who has actually lived there, then I suggest getting this book. This is a collection of short stories surrounding the authors life as a young girl in North Korea. The stories have one thing in common, they are presented as oral stories told to a young girl by her grandparents. These types of stories always have morals and I was not disappointed to see the North Korean culture, religion, superstitions and customs that come to light throughout the stories.
They were very interesting to read, and I certainly would recommend this book to others. I found no issue in the presentation of the book, grammar or sentence syntax as can sometimes be seen in books that touch on foreign cultures which was promising. The pacing was good and steady throughout and the order of the stories was well thought out.


View all my reviews

No comments: