Saturday, November 2, 2019

Matt Monroe and the Haunted HouseMatt Monroe and the Haunted House by Edward Torba
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The community of Kingston is on edge. There have been unexplained, strange sightings at the Payne Mansion and disturbing incidents in the countryside further set the spooky tone of the book. We follow along with Matt, as he and his friends set out to solve the mystery of just what happened here. And if possibly the portal, that transported them into the past had also let something else through when they came back. A great haunted spooky story or kids and adults alike. My 7-year-old liked reading this book with me over the past few nights, getting ready for the Halloween spirits. This book is the second in the series, but I did not read the first. It was still easy to follow along and the writing was accessible, even if my 7-year-old were to read this on her own. I also liked that the main character was not the only one with special talents, lets hear it for the side kicks who can hold their own!

View all my reviews

No comments: