Monday, November 4, 2019

Army of GodArmy of God by Dennis Bailey
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

“Noah's Ark meets Game of Thrones” is what the blurb said, and this is an apt description. Complex, intriguing and fantastical, this twist on the Bible tale of Noah and the Ark he builds will grip you and keep you spellbound until the end. I have yet to read a story that takes a biblical tale and can twist it into something so detailed and entertaining. In this twist, Noah and his family live in Eden, when a plot to kill him is thwarted by a young woman. Fleeing the city, they set out to make their own way in the world and try to survive. When they receive the order from God to build the ark, Noah faithfully adheres to this command with his family, even as they once again face attack by the city of Eden.
I am not a religious person and yet I found this to be a highly intriguing take on the tale. I know the story from reading it as a child and teenager in the bible and the various short versions of it, but this was truly unique in the plot elements the author chose to utilize. I think this will appeal to anyone who likes a good vs evil story line.


View all my reviews

No comments: