Thursday, November 7, 2019

Mink EyesMink Eyes by Dan Flanigan
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Peter O’Keefe is a private detective who is on the case. The case of the Ponzi scheme with Mink up in the Ozarks. But things aren’t always what they seem, and when this battle-scarred Vietnam Vet starts digging deeper, he finds a disturbing amount of drugs, smuggling and murder intertwined in this entire operation. As he investigates, O’Keefe comes across Tag Parker, a woman who haunts him with her beauty and who is hopelessly entangled with “Mr. Canada” who is the reputed owner of the Ponzi scheme.
The story was centered on a mystery with a bit of crime thrown in. The plot meandered in places but overall it held together. Not many spelling, grammar or syntax errors which are my sticking point with a book, so that was good. A Vet myself, and my Grandfather a Vietnam era Vet, I was pleasantly surprised by the portrayal of Peter O’Keefe. He was jaded but not a caricature of Veteran stereotypes. I think that this book is a good read, it was light enough that I could enjoy it without having to think too deeply about the story to follow the plotline.


View all my reviews

No comments: