Monday, November 25, 2019

Spirit RunnerSpirit Runner by Richard Ferguson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

2018 International readers favorite competition winner, this book is about the strength of the human spirit and grit and just what can be achieved if you truly believe in accomplishing the impossible. Ron Campbell has had an uphill struggle each day of his life after a horrible accident has mangled his legs and left them paralyzed. He has a dream of competing in the Olympics and will fight each day to achieve it. Ron, with the help of two close friends, works to overcome everybody’s stereotypical reactions and negative outlooks.
I found this story to be well written. Although there were plenty of moments I was tearing up over the bad luck and circumstances, I was heartened by the indomitable spirit of Ron. He never gave up. He never let the talk and comments get to him. This is such an uplifting novel of perseverance and hope. I truly enjoyed reading it.


View all my reviews

No comments: