Saturday, November 2, 2019

The Healthy Habit Revolution: Create Better Habits in 5 Minutes a DayThe Healthy Habit Revolution: Create Better Habits in 5 Minutes a Day by Derek Doepker
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

My husband is currently obsessed with how to books on how to build healthy habits and so I got this book for him. Here is his take on it:
It was easy to read, a big plus in its favor. The advice given made sense to him and encouraged him in feeling that he could actually build better habits and end up sticking with them. The author gives us a 21-day step by step approach to changing our brains and way of thinking through cues and rewards. The author starts off with his turning point, when he decided enough is enough and he needed to make a change. One piece of advice I thought was very good was that at first, practice was more important than performance. Too often I got discouraged thinking that I wasn’t doing enough, while I was not recognizing that sometimes it is better to take small steps before I run marathons.
I think that this book can be very helpful to those who are thinking of making a change and are willing ot listen to advice on the topic.


View all my reviews

No comments: