Thursday, August 13, 2020

SandPeople: An Across Time MysterySandPeople: An Across Time Mystery by Cheryl Kerr
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

The Gulf of Mexico along the Texas Coast is in a way its own little Universe. As I live in Texas, I supposed I am a little biased on the beauty you can find here. In this book, Lea, a 12-year-old-girl finds the beauty as well. Struggling to deal with her parent’s divorce, she is sent to her Aunt’s house in Texas, where her parents hope she can enjoy her summer and Lea hopes she can just forget for a few moments. Lea’s Aunt is a force to be reckoned with, she does not want Lea to mope and pushes her out of the house to enjoy the area. Lea does find new friends to spend time with, but along with that comes a mystery, a ghost, and an urban legend about “sandpeople”.
A great YA book, this will resonate to us children of divorce, and I felt connected to Lea in many ways. Great story telling, handling of the emotional turbulence the divorce brings and Lea’s growth as a character through the book.


View all my reviews

No comments: