Friday, June 25, 2021

The Punisher Cycle: Changing Our Mindset from Punishment to DisciplineThe Punisher Cycle: Changing Our Mindset from Punishment to Discipline by H.S. Daniels
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The punisher cycle talks about how we can easily get stuck in the mindset that we have to browbeat and punish people into doing what we want, professionally and personally. The author gives examples of different managers who approach situations with their employees in various ways. This helps show how damaging a punishment mindset can be to employee morale and ultimately the business bottom line.
Even though the book is quite short, I truly believe there is some really good information here. Mainly through the examples that show the nuances that can exist. I found myself agreeing with much the author was writing as I had utilized it myself in my own management career. Very insightful and helpful for managers and leaders.


View all my reviews

No comments: