Saturday, June 19, 2021

The Silver LandThe Silver Land by Nancy Harding
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I see some reviews that are really negative on this book, but I loved this when I was a teenager and have purchased it and reread it at least 4 times since then. Melangell is a young girl who admittedly has a really harsh and horrid life, but she tries to see the beauty in everything. There are some things true that are far-fetched, such as her marrying her original rapist happily a few years after it all happened. The story does follow other characters and it paints a more vivid and detailed world for us. The change in characters is seamless and there is plenty of action and mystique (on the druid side of things) to keep the overarching plot moving along.
Remember, this book was published in 1989, so some things would not have aged well but those are minor. I really enjoy the story, I enjoy the characters and I would have loved to see some of the men in Nectall's band of warriors get their own stories eventually.

View all my reviews

No comments: