Monday, June 28, 2021

Transformation After Trauma: Embracing Post-Traumatic GrowthTransformation After Trauma: Embracing Post-Traumatic Growth by Stephanie M. Hutchins PhD
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Healing journey

Healing after any kinds of trauma can be hard and take a long time. Not easy in our society when many simply dont want to hear about it, or give one size fits all solutions. Here, the author talks about her journey towards a healthier lifestyle and how she transformed herself after her considerable traumatic past.
While the book was interesting and I found many of the activities to be well thought out and certainly something I would be willing to try, I also found myself a bit put off by the authors many journeys and travels. This gave her an air of otherness, as in she was able to do all these things to help her overcome but I cant afford trips to go hike mountains or travels to other countries. I think if she had toned these portions down a little bit, the book would have felt more accessible and relatable to me.

View all my reviews

No comments: